Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A New Teacher and Big Boy Underwear!

At lot has happened over the past few weeks while Mommy was furiously posting about our seven-day Maui vacation. Now it's time to catch up from the last two weeks...


When I got back to preschool after vacation, I had a new teacher. Her name is Ms. Leslie and she has three kids of her own plus 22 years experience as a preschool teacher. So needless to say, and to Mommy and Daddy's pleasure, she is an awesome, dedicated and qualified teacher. I instantly loved her, of course. We even made bird feeders on my first day back. Neat, right?

But quite possibly the biggest news in my daily life has been my transition (FINALLY) from diapers to big boy underwear! That's right, people, this sweet but often stubborn three-year-old had resisted going pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty for over a year but something finally clicked right before we left for vacation and I have not looked back since. I even got this award from my summer camp teacher, Miss Tracy, on the first day I stayed dry all day in my pull-ups. During summer camp, my school pulls together all the three-, four- and five-year-olds for fun stuff in the mornings and I had a chance to watch all the bigger kids, whom I idolize, going potty all by themselves so I suppose that made an impression on me. That's Mommy and Miss Tracy's theory and they are sticking to it.


Now the dilemma...could I stick with the training while I was away from home and on vacation? Of course I could! I did really well in Maui and tried my very best to tell an adult when I had to go. I even went potty in the airport and on the airplane! Not bad, huh?

So on Thursday, July 28, Miss Tracy said, "I think Noah is ready to wear underwear to school tomorrow." "Really?!" Mommy exclaimed. "Why not?" Miss Tracy said. So we went home that night and I put on big boy underwear for the first time in many months. Hence the above photo of me modeling them proudly.


And guess what? I've been accident free since (except for one little poo-poo incident...I have to learn to be more patient with it)! OK, so I'm not perfect during nap time or overnight but I am almost there, too. Amazing, right? So after a year of non-commitment, I am a tried and true big-boy-underwear-wearing-potty-going boy! It just goes to show that there is something for letting us little guys do things in our own time and when we are truly ready. Remember how long it took me to walk? Well I was 15-months-old before I really did it. Again, in my own time. Pop-Pop, who is a very smart dude in my book, kept telling Mommy and Daddy not too worry too much; I would definitely not go to kindergarten in diapers. He was so very right!

I thought I'd leave you with a shot me me showing off my potty skills. OK, this is kind of an embarrassing photo but this is for posterity and Mommy has to have something to show my future wife. Oh, bother!

10 comments:

Grandma Marirose "Tutu" said...

Noah, you are growing up! Congratulatins on this new milestone in your precious life. we are so proud of you!

Mimi said...

Noah, Pop Pop and I are also so very proud of you! You are really a big boy now. We love your big boy underwear and we love you!

Mimi

Jenn said...

You look AWESOME in those new underwear!

ThatnastyBtch said...

Such a cutey

Anonymous said...

need to help take those off so i can suckle his little weenie

Anonymous said...

would love to stick my finger in his tight little bum hole

iienbait@protonmail.com email me if you feel the same way

Anonymous said...

I'll answer you when

Anonymous said...

https://walholick2.de/invite/i=218 New little boy and little girl leaks

Anonymous said...

I wanna cum inside his tight hole

Anonymous said...

http://loli.5ttghx.top ?_c=1er0i