Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My New Big Boy Room

As you all know, I have a new baby sister coming in just 12 weeks. So Mommy and Daddy thought it was time for me to get new furniture for my room. Plus, I have to share some of my old baby stuff with the new baby. Makes sense to me. So it was time to transform my old little boy room into a big boy room. Insert a big sigh from Mommy. Here's the before picture.
Then last week, some of my new big boy room decorations started to arrive. Like this awesome railroad crossing lamp. Bet you can't guess what my new room theme is.

On Saturday, we went to our local Living Spaces to find just the right new furniture for a big boy like me. We fell in love with this bunk bed set. It has a full bed on the bottom and a twin bed on top. So that way I can have a friend or cousin sleep over. Cool, huh?

Wow, look at all this room! I can hardly wait for my new furniture to come!

On the way out of the store, I spied something very interesting...

I had to stand back and take a closer look. Bet you can't guess what it was.

That's right, it's a purple cow. Now I think I've seen just about everything. The salesman said that one of their vendors brought it for a promotion and then left it as a "gift." Amazing!

The Living Spaces people deliver same day so Daddy had to rush home and dismantle my old toddler bed so that my room would be empty for the new stuff to arrive later that evening,

I helped.

The next morning, I woke up and my room looked like this! Oh, boy!

I was so excited and couldn't wait to sleep in my new bed. How about a tour of my new room?

If you guessed that my new room theme was trains, then you would be right! Mommy found this awesome train bedding and even had my name embroidered on the shams.

I even got a night stand! My new train lamp fit perfectly, too. By the way, when you turn the light on, the red lights on the bottom flash like a real railroad crossing. Neat, huh?

We also picked up a bookcase. There is room for all my crazy electronic friends, piggy bank, Pooh figurines and even books in the doors on the bottom. We moved my egg chair into my room, too, so that I would have a place to sit and read quietly. Mommy says I will appreciate the silence of my room once Peanut arrives.

And finally, here is my new big boy dresser. It has a mirror and a cork board for my artwork and other stuff. Neat!


So I guess since my room is now a big boy's room that I must be a big boy now, too. Mommy is a little sad about the big change but you gotta grow up sometime, Mommy. And I sure am looking forward to many years in my new room. Trains are the best!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Way to GROW, Noah!! That big boy room looks MIGHTY comfy! I think that when your little peanut gets to be a big peanut (well, she won't be called "peanut" anymore, but that's neither here no there) she will LOVE to have a slumber party with her big brother in his big boy bunk bed! Fun!!

Meg said...

that is a very fancy big boy room, Noah! I like that you have room in your room for company! You will have lots of fun in that room, I can tell!

Dele said...

What a great big boy room, Noah! Thanks for the tour - you'll have so much fun in your room for a long time!

Mimi said...

WOW! I love your new room, Noah! I can't wait to see it for real. Can Pop Pop and I sleep on the top bunk sometime? May you have the sweetest dreams ever in your new big boy bed! Love you!

Mimi

Grandma Marirose "Tutu" said...

Oh Boy Noah! Yipee! You and mommy and daddy sure know how to decorate a big boy room. I love the train bed especially. You'll have lots of room to wiggle and kick around at night. All Aboard!! Love you, Tutu and Sir