Monday, September 20, 2010

A Party for Mommy!

On Sunday, Great-Grammy threw an awesome birthday party for Mommy at her house. She made a special meatloaf dinner complete with carrots, potatoes and peas with mushrooms and sausage. All Mommy's favorites! We invited all the usual suspects to joins us for the celebration: Mimi, Pop-Pop, Uncle Jon, Aunt Jenn, Tutu, Sir, Great-Grandma Betty, Uncle Mike, Aunt Marisa, Cousin Ella and Aunt Nora. Of course Cousin Jack was there, too. Here we are watching some football. It was stimulating!While we were all playing, I discovered Grammy's radio and figured out how to turn it on and off.
All that radio listening got me in the music mood. Here I am playing a recorder. Hey that gives me an idea!
Time for a parade! Here's a little video of our group. Enjoy!
Later, Daddy shared his video game with Jack.
And Ella checked out our Christmas animated friends with Sir's help. I think she liked them.
We had them all going at once. It was quite a scene.
Jack decided to try to give Aunt Nora five with his foot. So silly!
Here's Ella sitting pretty amid the chaos. She fit right in.
Jack and Aunt Jenn even found time to play with some trucks.
And I played horsey with Daddy. Ride 'em cowboy!
Finally, it was time for cake! Mimi made her super special and delicious Texas sheet cake. It is a fabulous chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Yummy! Here's Mommy, Daddy and me blowing out the candles together.
I snuck a quick taste of the frosting but Mommy caught me. Busted! I loved the cake and had two pieces. I love chocolate!
What a great party with all of our family to round out Mommy's birthday week. Happy birthday, again, Mommy! Let's do it again next weekend...
(Note from Mommy: Thanks, everyone, for a wonderful celebration filled with great food and wonderful family memories. I love all of you so very much!)

3 comments:

Allison said...

Yay! I love a parade! Happy Happy Birthday again!! Sounds like Mommy got her wish... a spaghetti free birthday party! All sounds delish and Grammy hosted quite a crowd!

Jenn said...

We had a great time, despite the meltdowns all around. Phew. Next time, let's have the cake first! :)

Meg said...

Love the marching band! Lucky Mommy to have such a big party and fun total birthday week! That Texas sheet cake should be on every corner around here! I'm gonna have to look into that!