Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My First Field Trip

I went on my first official field trip today with my school, Notre Dame. We took a trip to our local pumpkin patch, Lombardi Ranch. Mommy and Daddy took the day off and came along. Actually one of them had to go with me since I am still under three. We were a bit worried about rain but the rain gods kept it dry for us the whole day. Yay! Here are Daddy and I waiting for all the other kids to arrive. I was super excited!
We started our day on a train ride through Scarecrow Alley. It was full of scarecrows that local families and scout troops made. And, of course, tons of sunflowers.
I sat with some of my best friends from Miss Kitty's class: Alyssa, Gregory and Maggie. Gregory and Maggie are twins! Cool, huh?
Our groups filled up the entire train. There were 57 of us. Wow!
Here we are waiting for the train to take off. I can hardly wait!
All aboard! And off we went! I pointed out all the scarecrows to my friends. Hey, that one looks like a pirate.
Oooo, that one is a bear on a horse.
Mommy liked this one. It reminded her of Captain Jack Sparrow.
After the train, we went to check out the resident patch animals. I could hardly contain my excitement!
Wow, pigs! Daddy had to hold me back or I think I might have gotten my fingers bitten off. Good call, Daddy.
Oh, boy, chickens!
Those are some fancy, fluffy chickens, huh?
I love geese, too! These have the longest necks I've ever seen.
What a beauty!
Hey, Mr. Turkey. You better find a new place to live come Thanksgiving. I hear they eat birds like you. Gulp!
What is that? It looks like a hairy donkey or something.
Mommy says it's a llama. Oh, like from one of my favorite books "Llama Llama Red Pajamas." Cool!
Then it was time for the petty zoo. OK, so I'm not usually too wild about petting animals. I'd rather watch them safety behind bars.
OK, not so bad. He's kind of soft.
Whoa, Nelly! OK, done with the petting part.
Ah, that's more like it. What a lovely bunny!
Then it was time to pick a pumpkin to take home. I chose this lovely green one. I know, I'm a strange one.
Here are Daddy and I with my pumpkin. I think I'll call him "Pumppy."
Then it was time to say goodbye for the day. But one last photo of our whole group. These things never go well. We all looked so cute in our Notre Dame T-shirts! Here's our first attempt...
This one is better...Hey, kid, turn around!
OK, things are beginning to not look so good...
Ummm, I think that's a wrap. Thank goodness Miss Toni was there to make sure I got down safely.
Before we left, I tried to take home just one more pumpkin. So I climbed up on this hay bale...
Climbed up to this huge pile of pumpkins...
Oooo, this one looks good...
Hey, Daddy, check out this one.
In this photo I was saying, "take that one." It's one of my signature lines.
OK, so I'm ready to go now. This one is coming with me.
So my first field trip was a huge success! Let's go to Disneyland next! What do you think?

3 comments:

Allison said...

What fun, Noah! You picked great pumpkins... ones with personality. :) That was quite a group you had at the pumpkin patch, I bet the parents had just as much fun as you and all of your friends!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful pumpkin patch, Noah! It looks like you had a really fun time with your mommy and daddy and school pals. I think Notre Dame school is great to arrange such a fun day for all the children and parents. Take care of your pumpkins!! Tutu

Meg said...

That all looks like sucha fun day! I like those fancy chickens too! You got to do and see so much, I'm sorta jealous but happy for you just the same!!