Saturday, July 16, 2011

Maui Day One: Arrival

Aloha!


We arrived today in Maui! After a long day of travel, we were finally off on our annual Maui vacation. We are staying at the Westin Ka'anapali Resort Villas once again, our family's beautiful timeshare space. I was a bit pooped when we arrived but I was still my playful self.


By the way, we spent the night at an LAX airport hotel because, unbeknownst to us, it was Carmagedeon weekend (how could we have predicted that when we chose our week in Maui a year ago?). As you know, Los Angelenos can be quite paranoid about change or disruption of their routines (plus the media whipped us into a needless frenzy) so we made the decision to stay overnight closer to the airport since we would have to drive right past the chaos on our way to down the 405. As it turned out, the traffic on Saturday morning was bearable. Better safe than sorry, right? Hey, at least we got to sleep an extra hour.

So back to our arrival. I had been talking about going in the famous Pirate Pool for a week so as soon as we settled into our room and had access to our luggage, I got dressed in my swimmies and begged Daddy to take me. Mommy went to the spa for a much-needed pedicure while us dudes played. Sorry we don't have any photos of my first Pirate Pool experience but stay tuned for photos from later in the week.


Oh, and did I mention that I had been practicing my "shaka" technique? I could almost do it perfectly. Aunt Darlene and Uncle Jimmy would be so proud (my "shaka" teachers from last year)!

After the Pirate Pool and a quick dinner at the resort Italian restaurant, I was more than ready for bed. I was in bed and asleep before 7:30 p.m. Maui time (which was 10:30 p.m. L.A. time). Whew, what a day! As you can see, I was melting.


Stay tuned for Day Two: Fun in the Sun...

No comments: