Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

This weekend, we really got into the Christmas spirit and decorated our house inside and out. On Saturday, Mommy started off the day by breaking out my Little People Nativity set. This year, she decided that I was big enough to bring out the Three Wise Men and The Inn at Bethlehem, too. We set everything up in front of the fireplace. It was a beautiful thing.
Until Mommy walked away for 2.5 minutes and Hurricane Noah blew through the village and all chaos ensued. OK, so I got a little carried away. But it sure was fun.

Later that afternoon, Mommy, Daddy and I went to Great-Grammy's house to help her put the lights up outside. She made us homemade raviolis and everything. It was a super end to a great first day of decorating.
On Sunday morning, Daddy was ready to tackle the outside of the house. Here I am helping him with his game plan.
Here's the before photo of the outside of our house. Oh, boy, this is going to be great!
While Daddy took care of the outside, Mommy and I got serious and took care of decorating our tree. Here I am with the finished product: simple yet perfect for our little family.
Here I am getting a closer look at the ornaments. I had a great time finding all the ones with photos on them.
Here's our hearth. Don't forget to fill up those stockings, Santa!
And here are the tiered shelves that line our staircase. That little tree at the top is holding all of our most special ornaments. OK, who am I kidding? Mommy wanted to make sure that her toddler did not accidentally demolish them. Where's the trust, lady?
We had to wait until it got good and dark before we could truly take in the outside decorations. Again, simple but cool.
I love our little snowman. He welcomes everyone to our happy home!
And this year, Daddy even ran some lights on our backyard fence. Cool, huh?
So there you have it! We're all ready for Christmas! Bring on the festivities!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Looking good, Noah! I think everyone's hard work paid off - it is very "Christmasy" at your house!! Lovely!

Meg said...

Santa will be very happy when he sees everything "you've done with the place"! I like those special stair shelves for treasure safety too! Have so much fun with your own nativity set Noah!
XOXO